RESTAURANTS OF THE US

RESTAURANTS OF THE US
Enjoy the best restaurants ... Good Food, Good Value ... No Poshness Allowed!

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Colorado Springs (CO): Carne Asada or Tuna Taco? That Is The Question!

Monica's Taco Shop
30 E Fillmore Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Phone: (719) 473-1996
Prices: $$$$$

After reading the mostly rave reviews on Yelp, I had to try Monica's as it is just a couple blocks from the hospital where my mom is currently admitted.  Let me just say that I was not overly impressed.


Carne Asada Tacos - $2.15 Each
A cheese quesadilla, two carne asada tacos, chips and guacamole, and an horchata came to almost $15, not exactly cheap.  The quesadilla was nothing special, the tacos came on greasy tortillas that tasted like they were fried in dirty (fishy) oil, and the guacamole, and I use that term loosely, looked like the stuff from a tub that you get on nachos at Little League baseball games and was smothered all over the chips (fried in the same fishy grease) and topped with a little cheese. 

Chips and Guacamole? - $4.19
There was no need to deep fry a soft shell corn tortilla for a carne asada taco in the first place as they should have been lightly toasted on the grill prior to serving.  The contents, meat, cheese, and pico di gallo, were actually pretty good and plentiful, but I could barely stomach the greasy, fishy flavor of the fried tortillas. Non me gusto ... YUK!

I would like to think that it was just a bad night, but I honestly cannot say that I will return to find out.

CombatCritic Gives Monica's Taco Shop (Fillmore) 4 Bombs Out of 10 ... MORE BOMBS ARE BUENAS!







Title: Carne Asada or Tuna Taco? That Is The Question!

Key Words: Monica's Taco Shop, Monica's, Monica, taco, shop, Colorado Springs, Fillmore, chips, menu, enchilada, burrito, guacamole, eat, food, restaurant, CombatCritic, TravelValue, travel, value

No comments:

Post a Comment