RESTAURANTS OF THE US

RESTAURANTS OF THE US
Enjoy the best restaurants ... Good Food, Good Value ... No Poshness Allowed!

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Boise, ID: Small Portions And Overpriced, Undercooked Food Left Me Hungry ... For Somewhere Else

Applebee’s Grill + Bar
2810 W Elder Street
Boise, ID 83705
Phone number: (208) 344-5630
Website: applebees.com
Prices: $$$$
WEAK. OK, they are open late, being a plus when you have been driving for nearly 14 hours and the only reason they are NOT getting a 1-star rating.
The server was friendly enough, but she was also the hostess, seating newcomers rather than focusing on her customer's needs. The place was unusually busy for a Monday night and the Dodgers were playing on the TVs in the bar, but I was not given the option of sitting there for some reason. I was too tired to object.
I ordered the Whisky Bacon Burger ($12.29 - "no pink") which, according to the menu, has "caramelized onions and bacon seared into an all-beef patty PILED with Pepper Jack cheese, crispy onions, Applewood-smoked bacon and Fireball® Whisky-infused steak sauce on a Brioche bun". "Piled" is quite a stretch because this was one of the smallest $12 plus hamburgers I have ever had and it and the accompanying smattering of "classic fries" barely filled the very small plate. The flavor of the burger was not bad and the fries lukewarm, but my "no pink" burger was definitely undercooked (see photo) even though their menu also states: "CONSUMING RAW OR UNDERCOOKED MEATS ... MAY INCREASE YOUR RISK OF FOODBORNE ILLNESS". I was too hungry to send it back and still hungry after my meal, having been the only one I consumed the entire day. Fortunately, I did not get sick.
I do not order soft drinks i when I eat out and alcohol was not an option without my designated driver, so I had water, bringing the total to $15 plus for a very disappointing burger and fries. For comparison, my boys and I ate at another national chain (famous for their salad bars) in Dillon, Colorado the night before, paying just $12.99 (only 70¢ more) for an incredible all-you-can-eat salad, a larger "Smokehouse Burger" with more and hotter fries, AND dessert (hot fudge cake with ice cream and whipped cream). 

Needless to say, I will not be eating a Applebee's again, preferring any fast food chain's burger and fries at half the price paid here.

CombatCritic Gives Applebee's Grill + Bar 3 Bombs Out Of 10 ... More Bombs Are Better!


Three Bombs Equates To:
Translation for Civilians: "Situation Normal, All Fucked Up"

Read More Reviews By CombatCritic:

Yelp - "GOLD" ELITE '14/'15/'16/'17/'18 
  • 650,000+ Views A Year
Tabelog - Official Judge - "Silver"


Read Chris S.'s review of Applebee's Grill + Bar on Yelp

Applebee's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Zomato - #1 Ranked "VERIFIED" CONNOISSEUR (13) - Over  4 Million Review And Photo Views ... And Counting #1 Reviewer in Portland, Oregon!
Booking.com - Frequent Traveler "Genius"

Google Maps - "Top Photographer" With Over 1 Million Views!

View my food journey on Zomato!

View my food journey on Zomato!

View my food journey on Zomato!

... And Don't Forget To Subscribe To TravelValue TV on YouTube and our sister channel, CombatCounselor Chronicleswith Over 1,250 Subscribers and 1,000,000 Video Views ... HOOAH!

Title: Boise, ID: Small Portions And Overpriced, Undercooked Food Left Me Hungry ... For Somewhere Else

Key Words: Applebee's Grill + Bar, Applebee's, Applebee, grill, bar, Boise, ID, Idaho, airport, CombatCritic, TravelValue, travel, value, restaurant, menu, review, Yelp, Zomato, Google, Facebook

Copyright 2018 - 3rd Wave Media Group And CombatCritic ™ - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment