RESTAURANTS OF THE US

RESTAURANTS OF THE US
Enjoy the best restaurants ... Good Food, Good Value ... No Poshness Allowed!

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 3, 2014

Absence Does Not Necessarily Make The Heart Grow Fonda

Amanda's Fonda
3625 W. Colorado Ave 
Colorado SpringsCO80904

An old haunt, I had to try it again after 6 years in the Midwest ... Tacos, enchiladas, you know the drill. 



The shredded beef tacos were OK, little meat or cheese, but what was there tasted good. The cheese and onion enchilada was decent, but the sauce was rather bland. The chips were decent, the salsa very good, but the guacamole was a bit pricey for the size so we steered away from an appetizer.



I remembered the food being better ... I guess absence does not necessarily make the heart grow fonder. Ever been back to your high school? Disappointing, small, but you still have fond memories.



CombatCritic Gives Amanda's Fonda 6 Out of 10 Bombs ... BOMBS ARE GOOD!



UPDATE: After my check-in, the manager contacted me and offered a gift card and an invitation to return and give Amanda's Fonda another try. I will return next time I am in Colorado Springs and will update my review based on that experience. "6 BOMBS" is not a "bad" review, but leaves room for some improvement ... SPERIAMO (let's hope so)!

Amanda's Fonda on Urbanspoon

Key Words: Amanda's Fonda, Amanda, fonda, Colorado Springs, Colorado, springs, 80904, Mexican, food, taco, enchilada, chips, salsa, guacamole, CombatCritic, combat, critic, TravelValue

No comments:

Post a Comment